Assistant Management Accountant
Sunderland Sunderland 45-49 Villiers Street SR1 1HA 54.9069682 -1.3759470999
Head Office - Finance
A brand new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Management Accountant at ScS, one of the UK’s leading sofa, carpet specialists. For over 100 years ScS have been providing customers with an excellent customer experience, selling beautiful products with outstanding value, quality and choice.
With around 1700 team members contributing to the success of our company, ScS is a diverse and vibrant place to work. We understand that our people are key to creating a thriving business. We are recognised as a 5 Star Trustpilot company and the only furniture and flooring retailer with over 150,000 Trustpilot reviews from our customers!
As Assistant Management Accountant you will be working within a team here at Head Office in Sunderland to produce accurate monthly management accounts and departmental reports as well as assisting in the preparing of company budgets and daily cash reporting. Our successful candidate will be AAT level 4 qualified (or equivalent). Some of your duties may include:
- Accruals and prepayments
- P&L reviews for actuals and budget, attend and take lead in quarterly reviews with responsible head office budget holders
- Reconciliation of Balance sheet accounts
- Production of weekly management reports (bookings and deliveries) for issue to senior managers and Directors
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A willingness to question how things are done and whether a better approach could be taken
- An ability to prioritise your own workload to achieve tight deadlines
- How to live by our company ‘RIGHT’ values (Responsive, Inclusive, Get it Right, Hard Working, Trusted).
- Competitive salary
- Generous Staff Discounts on our beautiful Sofa, Carpets & Furniture range
- Terrific discounts from major High Street retailers and holiday companies, gym membership discounts and much more
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Long service annual leave benefits
- Share incentive plan (S.I.P)
- Career Progression
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Apply today… you’ll be in good company!
Head Office - Finance