Purchase Ledger Clerk
Sunderland Sunderland 45-49 Villiers Street SR1 1HA 54.9069682 -1.3759470999
Head Office - Finance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchase Ledger Clerk at ScS, one of the UK’s leading sofa, carpet specialists. For over 100 years ScS have been providing customers with an excellent customer experience, selling beautiful products with outstanding value, quality and choice.
With around 1800 team members contributing to the success of our company, ScS is a diverse and vibrant place to work. We understand that our people are key to creating a thriving business. We are recognised as a 5 Star Trustpilot company and the only furniture and flooring retailer with over 150,000 Trustpilot reviews from our customers!
Managing your own supplier base, you will play your part in a busy Purchase Ledger team to ensure suppliers are paid accurately and within agreed terms. You will play an important role in a fast paced plc business and assist in developing the department into a best in class function.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience within a purchase ledger function
- You can accurately process, within deadlines, invoices and credit notes for own suppliers and assisting with other suppliers if capacity to do so
- You have dealt efficiently with invoice queries (working towards hitting query targets) and ensured prompt payment
- Accuracy in reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis, and use this to develop an action plan to ensure all ledger/statement entries are accounted for
- Excellent communication and people skills to proactively communicate with suppliers, building a good rapport and providing a trusted service
- Willingness to question how things are done and whether a better approach could be taken
- An eagerness to progress by undertaking project work and/or other duties to include participating in finance team meetings, culture surveys and 1:1’s/performance and development plans.
- How to live by our company ‘RIGHT’ values (Responsive, Inclusive, Get it Right, Hard Working, Trusted).
- Competitive salary
- Generous Staff Discounts on our beautiful Sofa, Carpets & Furniture range
- Terrific discounts from major High Street retailers and holiday companies, gym membership discounts and much more.
- Employee Assistance Programme(EAP)
- Long service annual leave benefits
- Share incentive plan (S.I.P)
- Career Progression
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Apply today… you’ll be in good company!
Head Office - Finance