Distribution Centre Supervisor
Coventry Coventry Unit 7002 Gielgud Way, Cross Point Business Park CV2 2TU 52.430193 -1.426042
£21,429 per annum
An exciting opportunity of Distribution Centre Supervisor has arisen here at ScS, one of the UK’s leading sofa, carpet specialists. For over 100 years ScS have been providing customers with an excellent customer experience, selling beautiful products with outstanding value, quality and choice.
With around 1700 team members contributing to the success of our company, ScS is a diverse and vibrant place to work and we understand that our people are key to creating a thriving business. We are recognised as a 5 Star Trustpilot company and the only furniture and flooring retailer with over 150,000 Trustpilot reviews from our customers!
We are looking for an experienced Distribution Centre Supervisor to join our team at our Coventry Distribution Centre. This is a key role within the logistics network to ensure optimum contribution of the team to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the distribution operation. Day to day responsibilities include supervision, team leadership, manual handling and administration.
You should be able to:
- Assist with the unloading and receipt of goods into the DC (both the manual and administration processes) in line with Company policy and practices to achieve the safe delivery in perfect condition of customer orders. .
- Supervise and, where necessary contributes to the removal of packaging from goods received and supervises the disposal of waste materials in line with Company policy to ensure a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
- Supervise and undertakes quality inspections of goods for delivery, agrees and/or initiates remedial action as required and ensures goods are wrapped for despatch in line with Company policy and established working
- Provide first line leadership and direction to a team of DC Operatives, motivating the team to optimise individual and collective work performance.
- Live by our company ‘RIGHT’ values (Responsive, Inclusive, Get it Right, Hard Working, Trusted)
You will have experience of leading a team within a Distribution Centre environment; you will be hard working and have strong communication skills. Whilst these qualities are important, finding the right person is our only goal, so if you think you have what we are looking for; we’d love to hear from you.
- Competitive salary
- Generous Staff Discounts on our beautiful Sofa, Carpets & Furniture range
- Terrific discounts from major High Street retailers and holiday companies, gym membership discounts and much more.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Long service annual leave benefits
- Share incentive plan (S.I.P)
- Career Progression
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Apply today… you’ll be in good company!
£21,429 per annum