SQL BI Developer
Sunderland Sunderland 45-49 Villiers Street SR1 1HA 54.9069682 -1.3759470999
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an SQL BI Developer at ScS, one of the UK’s leading sofa, carpet specialists. For over 100 years ScS have been providing customers with an excellent customer experience, selling beautiful products with outstanding value, quality and choice.
With around 2,000 team members contributing to the success of our company, ScS is a diverse and vibrant place to work. We understand that our people are key to creating a thriving business. We are recognised as ‘Excellent’ by Trustpilot, and are the only furniture and flooring retailer with over 260,000 Trustpilot reviews from our customers!
you will be responsible for the development and administration of high performance reporting mechanisms to ensure the Management Information system standards are exceeded in the business. This opportunity will allow you to join an experienced reporting team, providing business-changing support to all levels within the organisation, including Heads of Department and members of the Board.
You will also be heavily involved in the design and implementation of our forthcoming Business Intelligence project.
You should be able to:
- Develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services
- Write and amend SQL queries, optimizing for speed and reliability
- Data warehouse development to support BI dashboard reporting solutions across the business
- Be able to provide first and second line support for the reporting requests raised by users across various departments
- Undertake customisation and development projects and reports from proposal to deployment
- Facilitate and analyse documented customer requisitions to provide advice and development specifications for suggested reports
- Ensure created applications and reports are documented and filed in the development library
- Analysis and interpretation of scoping documents, identifying potential concerns and recommending possible solutions
- Assist in resolving faults (e.g. system failure) occurring in the operation of software, especially those requiring greater expertise
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Business Reporting
- Live by our company ‘RIGHT’ values (Responsive, Inclusive, Get it Right, Hard Working, Trusted)
you must possess and be able to demonstrate commercial experience in reporting, data manipulation and technical skill in the following areas;
- SQL Server
- ETL & Data Modelling
- Microsoft BI technologies, including SQL SERVER, TSQL, VISUAL STUDIO, .NET, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, AZURE and POWER BI
- Good problem recognition and resolution skills
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task as required to meet schedules
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good time management skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented with commitment to high level of data integrity and accuracy
- Ability to manage a varied workload, often to tight deadlines
- Be customer-focused in a constantly changing environment
- Great communicator, friendly and good humoured
- A good listener with excellent written and oral communication skills and well organised
- Competitive Salary
- Terrific discounts from major High Street retailers and holiday companies, gym membership discounts and much more.
- Employee Assistance Programme(EAP)
- Long service annual leave benefits
- Share incentive plan (S.I.P)
- Career Progression
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Apply today… you’ll be in good company!