Assistant Distribution Centre Manager
Livingston Livingston EH54 5EF 55.915434 -3.514204
Competitive Basic Salary
An exciting opportunity of Assistant Distribution Centre Manager has arisen here at ScS, one of the UK’s leading sofa, carpet specialists. For over 100 years ScS have been providing customers with an excellent customer experience, selling beautiful products with outstanding value, quality and choice.
With around 2,000 team members contributing to the success of our company, ScS is a diverse and vibrant place to work. We understand that our people are key to creating a thriving business. We are recognised as ‘Excellent’ by Trustpilot, and are the only furniture and flooring retailer with over 260,000 Trustpilot reviews from our customers!
As Assistant Distribution Centre Manager your role will be to ensure the optimum contribution of the team to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the distribution operation. You will also cover the day to day running of the DC in the absence of the manager.
You should be able to:
- Oversee the unloading and receipt of goods into the DC to achieve the safe delivery in perfect condition of customer orders
- Supervise the completion of all checks and documentation required by law on delivery vehicles and ensures that the appropriate documentation is kept on file and available for inspection at all times
- Oversee and undertaking quality inspections of goods for delivery, initiating remedial action as required and ensuring goods are wrapped for despatch in line with Company policy and established working practices
- Provide leadership and guidance to the supervisors and all other team members, including training and developing and motivating the team to optimise individual and collective work performance
- Assist the Distribution Centre Manager in the maintenance of security of the premises, personnel and stock in particular securing and alarming premises when required
- Live by our company ‘RIGHT’ values (Responsive, Inclusive, Get it Right, Hard Working, Trusted)
You will have experience in a Distribution environment; you will be hard working and have strong communication skills. Whilst these qualities are important, finding the right person is our only goal, so if you think you have what we are looking for; we’d love to hear from you.
- Competitive salary
- Generous Staff Discounts on our beautiful Sofa, Carpets & Furniture range
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Terrific discounts from major High Street retailers and holiday companies, gym membership discounts and much more.
- Long service annual leave benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share incentive plan (S.I.P)
- Career Progression
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Apply today… you’ll be in good company!
Competitive Basic Salary