Learning & Development Business Partner
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join our vibrant, fast paced People Team as a Learning and Development Partner. If you like the responsibility of supporting people to grow, this could be the role for you.
You’ll get to regularly work with key stakeholders throughout our company by identifying skills and capability gaps, and produce effective learning solutions to support the needs of our colleagues and ScS.
You will be using a blended learning approach that includes creating e-lessons, delivering virtual and face to face workshops and facilitating 70:20:10 experiential leadership development programmes.
Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build a “family bond” will undoubtedly ensure you become a valued part of the furniture here at ScS.
All about ScS
ScS has been around for more than 125 years, and in that time we’ve got to know a thing or two about providing great furniture and flooring for our customers.
As a company our purpose is simple – we’re on a mission to help customers create a home they love. As part of our People team, you’ll be supporting us to make sure we’re creating a place people love to work too! Our Learning and Development Business Partner role has a huge part to play in helping to shape our culture.
Overall at ScS, there’s about 2,000 of us as part of the team and we’re all a canny bunch.
The most important thing for us is that you’re the right fit for our team, so we’re looking for someone who’s creative, friendly and engaging, with lots of drive and initiative. As the role requires engaging with different audiences through a variety of media, the ability to design and deliver creative solutions is also a must-have for the role.
The kind of things you’ll be up to…
- Developing informative, fun, engaging and accurate learning materials for our audiences
- Working at pace to help develop those who are new to a role or experienced and our current and future leaders
- Adapting your style for different audiences – using a blended learning approach
- Planning and delivering programmes against clear objectives
- Thinking outside the box and questioning the way we do things, to create a positive workplace for all
- Helping to embed our values, drive business goals, and project a positive culture
About the team
You’ll be part of a People team made up of 24 people (the same number of carats as pure gold!). You’ll be part of Lynda’s team who’s our Learning and Development Manager. Lynda has worked in L&D for 22 years offering support to a range of areas. More importantly, she’s loves musicals, quizzes, games and practically anything that drives team motivational opportunities!
Perks of the job
- A company car
- Flexible working available
- Access to 100s of high street discounts and more – holiday discounts, gym discounts, cinema discounts, evouchers, cashback and more!
- Access to our ‘Suite Treats’ colleague sales scheme, for discounted furniture and flooring
- Access to our dedicated Employee Assistance Programme – to give you free access to advice and information on a range of topics
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Long service benefits